Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Hard to believe, but true... Christmas is officially over :( . In a way, it doesn't even feel like it happened. It came...and went...SO fast! I guess that's typical of the holidays. However, I remember when I was in school, Christmas seemed like it would never come.

My holiday was good. I stayed over my parents house on Saturday, Christmas Eve, since I would be there for Christmas Day anyway. I arrived in the early afternoon, met my sister at the gym, came back(showered and changed,) and then we went to church. After church, we decided to try a new place in White Plains-this was a mistake. We had reservations for 7:30, but they didn't seat us immediately. Then we had to wait for over an hour to be served. At this point, we all are a little on edge and I think a mix of being hungry and the stress of the holidays started getting to us. All of us start complaining about something and then we start bickering amongst ourselves. Ahh, just love the holidays. Anyway, after we are finally served our food, which I thought was disappointing, we leave still in bad spirits. However, as the night goes on, we do settle down and relax. I spent the rest of the evening wrapping gifts and watching MTV hits...Of course, with my exceptional organizational and planning skills, I wait to the last minute to do this all. I finish around 1 am and I finally turn in.

Christmas morning, we all get up around 8:30. I get dressed and ready and then finally head downstairs. After a little squabbling back and forth, (What's a holiday without a little bitching at each other?) we, somehow, manage to finish breakfast without a huge blow up. Everyone then heads to the family room to open gifts. I must've been good this year, b/c I got a lot of nice gifts and presents, and as much as I enjoy poking fun at my family's argumentative nature, it was nice to be there with them. We then head to my Grandmother's for lunch, which was nice and quiet, and then to my Uncle's for dessert. I was actually pleasantly surprised. My dad's family picks names at Christmas, so we all prepare lists for what we would like as our gifts. I wrote down a digital camera w/o fully believing that I would actually get one. Well, my Aunt is very generous...and that's just what I got. I am so excited. I'm going to be very camera happy. :)

Blood sugar wise...well, I was on a bit of a rollercoaster for most of the weekend. I take that back, Saturday I stayed mostly in control. Sunday was the more difficult of the days, which I guess makes sense. I woke up in the 200 range and hovered around the high 100s to 200 range, for most of the day. Now, I know 200 isn't good, but I know it could be much worse, so I took it. I felt pretty good, so I wasn't going to let it upset me like it usually does. Plus, I didn't want me being emotional, ruin the day for others either. Frankly, it doesn't help matters. So there wasn't any emotional outbursts having to do with me feeling out of control. That's a big stumbling block for me, but I seemed to overcome it this time. I'm feeling proud of myself. ;)

Now it's time for me to get back on track..which means not slacking off with testing as I have been lately. I think testing is definitely the key to controlling this disease, it makes such a big difference, so I don't know why I let things slide lately. Actually, I guess I do know part of the reason. Not to make excuses, but the holiday season is always an incredibly busy time of year...sometime the last thing you want to do is test. However, I think, b/c it's so important, we have to make time. It's really no big deal, just takes a minute or two tops, but sometimes it's hard to do it for some reason. However, I'm not willing to let things continue to slip, so it's going to be a priority for me. Maybe that should be my resolution? :)

I was going to post a little about my guy situation...if you can even call it that, but since I've written a novel here, I guess I'll save it for my next blog entry. Hope everyone had a great holiday! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

I hear ya about the testing & this being a busy time of year. Not to mention how bad it sucks to see all that food you just want to shovel in without thinking, counting, bolusing etc...

Keep us posted on the guy situation ;-)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

The holidays are always a little chaotic for the bloodsugars, I think. So congratulations on keeping things in a manageable range, and still enjoying the day!

And I'm with Erica ... keep us posted on the Guy Situation.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home