Monday, December 12, 2005

It's Monday...I hate Mondays, especially after the type of weekend I had. Basically, it was a crazy-busy weekend :( . I don't think I had a moment to just sit and relax or take a break. Every minute was filled up...and while I like being busy, I don't like feeling crazed, rushed, and scatter-brained. But that was me this weekend, especially on Saturday.

Friday night, out of stupidity, I decided to baby-sit, even though I knew that my coding certification test was early Saturday. Everything went fine at my baby-sitting gig, except that the roads were a little slick from all the snow we received (something like 8 inch at least) and I was late...but that's typical me. Luckily, the parents came back early and I was home by 10 pm. However, instead of getting to work and studying, I got distracted. I was online for awhile and I had my music on. Finally around 11:30, I got out some notes and briefly looked over them. Then instead of getting a good night's rest, I decided I needed to find a necklace to match my outfit for the following evening. Well, of course, the last place I looked was where I finally found it. By the time I went to bed it was after 1 am- eek! :(

Saturday, I had to be at the hospital at 8 am . Of course, I wasn't completely prepared so I was rushing around trying to get things done. I ended up getting to the room at about 8:10. Again, it didn't seem to matter much, the tests weren't passed out yet and people were just getting their books and supplies together at that point. We started the test at about 8:50. And finished it about 2 pm. Can I just say "OMG!" That was totally not what I had expected at all. Our instructor for the course said that the final we took was much hard- which is SO untrue. I aced the final, it really wasn't that bad at all. This, on the other hand, was awful. It was so hard and I basically ran out of time. I highly doubt I passed it. There were just too many questions I made random guesses on and the ones I was able to take my time and answer, I still wasn't sure or confident in my answers. So it will not be a surprise if I get the news that I failed. Good thing about this is that they do let you take it again. However, I was truly hoping that I wouldn't have to do that. I'm disappointed in myself and, to top it off, I can't stand the thought of having to sit for another 5 hour test. Definitely not my idea of fun :( .

After the test, I was really in a pissy mood, and not in the mood to deal with anyone, but I run back to my apartment, to say hello to my dad and also to pick up clothes to change into after the gym. When I get there, I cannot find my keys anywhere. I admit, there's a lot of crap and junk in my car, so finding anything is a bit of a challenge. After looking through everything...even through things where I knew that they wouldn't be, and running in and out of my apartment, I finally find them. I am just about to drive myself back to the hospital, where I took the test, when I find them lying on the floor. By this time, I am late (surprise, surprise), I was supposed to meet my sister at the mall at 2:30. I don't end showing up until 3- I can't find her anywhere. Finally after waiting at least 15 minutes...I spot her. She didn't think I was showing up, so she continued on with her. I guess I can't blame her for that. Of course, I don't get any of my own Christmas shopping done, so going there was really a waste of time and energy. At this point, I am ready to cry. It's just been a hell of a day. SO I leave.

I need my workout so badly after all this. I need to burn off some frustration and release some stress. I was only able to spend about 45 minutes working out, but it helped a lot. I took my shower and changed for the company Christmas party I was later attending. I rush home to do my hair and realize that I don't like my outfit I had picked out after all. I do manage to find something else after pulling several other things off their hanger and run out at about 7 to meet D. (I wrote about him in a different post, my friend W. from work set me up with him.) Well, I decided to invite him to the party. As if I didn't have enough to be nervous and stressed out about, I was nervous about this social gathering and then bringing him as my "date". I enter the parking lot where we are meeting and I notice a guy by his car. I've met him before, but it's dark and I'm not certain it's him. I decide to go out and walk to the front of the store where we talked about meeting. As I'm walking, I hear the guy I spotted before, calling out to me. We decide that he's going to leave his car there and drive with me. The ride there was fine...I could sense he was nervous, but we chit-chatted until we get to the community center. Finding a parking spot was a bit of a challenge, but we manage to create our own :) and then we enter the building.

I admit, I was nervous. I didn't know a lot of the people there (aside from my billing department), I didn't know if I would feel comfortable with D., and I didn't know if we'd have fun. Things, at first, were weird and a bit awkward. I felt like I was being pulled in several directions. I saw W. and her husband and talked with them a bit. I ran into Cat and Kat., K. was very clingy to me...I guess she was just as nervous about being there as I was. Then I met up with C and her husband. D. and C's husband seemed to hit it off. They socialized throughout the night. We also ate and danced with them as well.

I surprised myself...I had a pretty good time. I can't believe I actually got out on the floor, danced, and let myself cut loose a bit. I think being that we were in a group (and the fact that I had a drink and a half :) ) helped some. The only think I am uncertain about is D. I don't know how he feels about me. I am really not good when it comes to reading guys. I think he likes me or at least think I'm nice, but I'm not sure how exactly he sees me. One thing that was cute, was as we were leaving he said, "let me take your hand, so you don't slip on the ice". And I think he does want to get together again. He wants to double with C and her husband, so maybe he is interested. I also received a brief email from him today, but it was so short and to the point. I couldn't tell how exactly he felt Saturday went. Ugh..why do guys have to be so hard to figure out? LOL :) Well, I guess I'm not going to worry about it too much...whatever happens, happens.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home