Saturday, June 03, 2006


I'm in such a pissy mood :(. I don't think I have any reason for it, I pretty much hate just about everything and everybody at the moment. Just a little while ago, I was blubbering like a BIG baby.

I know it's stupid... I know it's idiotic... And, yes, I know I'm only feeling sorry for myself, but sometimes I just can't help feeling the way I feel. That sounds like a pathetic excuse, and it may be, but it is what it is...

Maybe it's just the day... It's been a grey, rainy, and kind of miserable day. I woke up feeling ok, but I feel like I have been sort of floating through the day... not fully present, if that makes any sense. I went to the gym, went grocery shopping, and went to Borders to find a good book to read (which I think I actually did find). But since being home, my mood has gone from bad to worse.

What isn't helping matters is the headaches that have been plaguing me the last few days. All of a sudden they just come on out of the blue. They do eventually fade away, luckily, but it seems like they will come back at some point.

I'm wondering what the reason is behind this all. I have, in the past, had tension headaches... guess that's no surprise. I'm sort of an anxious, nervous, antsy person. But these are different. These are more bothersome.

Someone mentioned that it could be migraines, but I don't think that's what it is either. I've had one migraine in the past and it was the worst kind of pain I've ever had. Every sound, movement, or even light beam seemed to bother me. It totally wiped me out... I was in bed completely useless and miserable for a couple of days. Anyway, I know that's not what this is, but this is not fun either.

It did cross my mind that it could be connected to my blood sugar problems, but my instincts tell me that it's something unrelated. I know I should probably get checked out if it keeps happening, but I'm taking a lot of time off this summer that I don't know if I can get away with taking the time for another appointment. But, then again, I know how important taking care of yourself is... it's better to be safe than sorry, right?

Well, that's about it for the moment... Tomorrow, should be a better day. Hmmm, did a somewhat optimistic sentence just leave my mouth- amazing. We're going to see Rob Thomas (again) at Mohegan Sun... with any luck, I will not have these headaches or any pump issues.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Segall said...

you really need to get these headaches checked out. I'd be in a bad mood too if everything I did made my head hurt even more.

I hope you enjoy the concert. It will probably be nice to do something fun and take your mind off all of the diabetes stuff.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

MT :) Hey! Great to see you posting again ;)

yeah, it's weird how these headaches come on so suddenly... I know, I should be seen...

I actually already made payment for my rhinoplasty (I hate calling it a nose job, lol). My surgery is on the 22nd... I'm nervous (and excited), but I guess that's normal. I just want to get it done and over with. Hopefully, I'll be really pleased with the results.

Anyway, before the big day, I have to have a physical or screening...and lab work. Ugh... But in a way it's good- they want to make sure I'm ok. Better to be safe. I'm going to bring up these headaches if they still keep arising at that appt. I wish I didn't have to worry about how much time I take away from work, but unfortunately I have to. Oh well.

The concert was awesome... I think it was even more packed than his last concert. It was really fun and , man, what a show! I think I needed that diversion from things.

Thanks for all you support, as always! And i hope we see postings from you, if you can :)

9:00 PM  
Blogger BetterCell said...

Hi Andrea........How do you deal with this hot weather and Diabetes together? Send me your Email on my site. I have a music gift I want to send you.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home