Tuesday, September 27, 2005

So yesterday was the day that would NOT end at work. Today was a big improvement, but I was so restless and, maybe, a little tired. I started yawning and I couldn't stop! I always say I'm going to go to sleep early, but then I usually find myself up way past 11 pm. Then I regret it the next day when it's time to wake up. I also think the last two days have been a drag, b/c I'm bored. I don't know how people can do this job so long. I don't see myself doing this long term whatsoever, but I can't just quit...like I might have done in the past. I've got bills! Oh, the responsibilities of being an adult- fun, fun, fun :o)

I was chatting with my Mom on the phone yesterday about career, and she totally understands how I feel. She knows that people spend a great deal of time at work and how it's so important to enjoy what you are doing, b/c of that fact. I absolutely agree. I don't want to be at work as much as I am, if I can't stand what I am doing. I know sometimes other factors come into play and make it difficult for people to just up and leave a job, but I just don't want to be stuck doing something I hate.

I'm considering looking into classes to become a registered dietician. I've always been interested in nutrition and food, so maybe that's the right path for me. I haven't begun researching anything yet, but at least I have something I am seriously considering. The only thing I'm a little uncertain of is whether I am truly motivated to go through school again. Even though I have a bachelor's degree in Psychology, it would probably mean going through another bachelor's program and probably even a Master's. In addition to the motivation factor, is the money factor- and that is a BIG one! Can I put myself through school- is it feasible? I don't know the answer to that. Hopefully, I'll be able to answer these questions as I carry out my research, but I hope I just can decide on something and go after it. I'm sick of being so wishy- washy (for lack of better terms) about things. I hate that about myself. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to inform myself about this and then I'll take things from there.

I finally sent in my letter to MM for reimbursement for the expenses I incurred on my vacation. I seriously doubt they will do much to help me,but I wanted to sent that letter in anyway. I even wonder if I"ll get a response. You never know.

Something bad...I'm pretty much out of insulin until my insurance kicks in, which will be Oct. 1st. However, I did have a resevoir of about 100 units left that I had put away in the fridge. I had thought it had been bad insulin, but I couldn't bring myself to throw it out. Now, I'm glad I didn't...it seems to be working ok anyways. Hopefully, it will keep til Sat. when I get get my 'scripts. I also thought I was out of test strips. So think about that, having insulin which you aren't sure is effective and no test strips- not a good combination! Luckily, I did have one more vial of strips left, phew! I know if I didn't have strips or good insulin, I'd have to break down and buy it out of pocket, but I hate having to do that. I'm not as pinched for money as I was, but it isn't exactly growing on trees for me either.

Tomorrow is Wednesday,which means I've made it half way thru the week- Yay!. I know when I get past it, things generally go ok. I just don't really like them, b/c they used to be my day off. Now I have to work 5 days straight, so it really isn't as fun. I guess I'll manage, but when I wake up at 6:30 tomorrow, I'll be cursing myself for giving up Wednesdays! :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home