Sunday, September 18, 2005

The weekend is over yet again. :( :( :( I guess it had to end at some point, but why do they always go so quickly. It doesn't seem right! My weekend was kind of on the slow side... I really didn't do that much and I guess I was hoping it would be better. I guess it could be worse. It could always be worse.

Some new stuff...my Mom and my Grandma want to set me up with some guy they met. I guess my Grandma had a plumber over last Thursday and, since my Grandma's a talker, they started talking. He saw some of the pictures of us (my sisters and myself), and I guess he mentioned that he would like to meet us. Now, to me, that sounds strange, but my mom and grandma seem to think that it's perfectly normal. Yesterday, he called and left a message for me, but I didn't talk to him. I'm a little skeptical about doing, it just doesn't jive with me for some reason. Maybe it's b/c I think it's kind of embarrassing that my Mom and GM had to set me up. I mean, I think it's ok if it's your friends doing that, but family, eh, I don't think so. Who knows, though I may not hear from him again so it may not matter.

I was thinking more about this job. Honestly, I don' t think it's what I really want to do long term. Yes, it's better money than I have gotten in a long time, but if you don't enjoy the job, is it worth it? I still don't feel completely comfortable with what I'm doing and I don't know how long the excuses "I'm new" is going to last. I keep hoping it's going to sink in, but I really don't know that. I'm doing the best I can and I guess that's all I can do. I thinking, if I'm still there by summer, to ask if I can work 4 nine hour days (no lunch). It sounds like a lot, but I think it would be worth it to have that day off during the week. We'll see...a lot could change by then.

Diabetes wise...I've posted how I have let things slip lately. Well, I'm definitely trying to improve things for myself. I'm working on testing more and definitely logging my numbers and readings. I can't believe how lazy I've been about doing that. I mean, how hard is it to write down your blood sugar readings? That's probably the easiest part of managing this disease and I'm not even trying, well, I wasn't. Hopefully, with more effort I can get a better handle on things and see good results :) .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home