Sunday, November 06, 2005

I was very happy to see that I had a couple comments on my was a nice surprise. These comments are from 2 wonderfully talented women, Sandra and Kerri. I don't know if you have seen their blogs, but I sincerely feel like they are ones that shouldn't be passed up- check them out :) (Sandra's, A Shot in the Dark) and Kerri's (Six until Me). I finally fixed my "Links" section, that's an easy way to view their blogs. I wasn't sure that anyone would want to read what I had to say since, let's face it, my life isn't exactly the most interesting or facinating. So I extremely appreciate the feedback- hey, I'll take comments, good or bad. Ok, hopefully there will be more good than bad, but your comments are welcome here- post away!

This weekend was very hectic. For those of you who don't know, I'm moving. Getting everything squared away hasn't been easy. First, there was the matter of getting my cat, Toby, situated in someone else's home. I was and am still very sad about giving up my cat, but being that I am going to be in a different apartment with a landlord who appears to be very nosy- I didn't think it would be a good situation. Not to mention, that Toby is mischevious and likes to paw at things until they fall over or spill. He canbe a bit destructive, I have a square missing out of my min-blinds in my bedroom, because he chewed it off. So R. coming in from time to time and seeing that, might lead to problems. Anyway, on Saturday I was going to drop him off with my coworker J., who had so nicely agreed to take him in, on the condition that I get him checked out at the vet first (namely for feline leukemia-which is a very contagious disease among cats). Well...I get to the vet at around 11:30 and am told that he cannot be tested, because he has not been seen for a long while. I admit, I did wait too long to bring him in, but when I had called earlier in the week they should have told me that he would need an exam before he got tested and got his shots. I spent a while calling other places trying to find a vet who would be able to see him, but no such luck. I called J. to let her know the situation and she agreed to take him anyway, but that I would have to come and take him to his appt for his test. I went back in the vet's office to set up an appt. and, my luck had taken a total 180. They had a cancellation and were able to see him afterall. So he got checked out, got his blood test, and shots, and we left to J. apartment. The poor thing was so scared, it really breaks my heart. All the way down to the vet he cried and he still is having a hard time adjusting, according to J. I hope he will be ok. I know it's a whole different place and environment, but at least he has some freedom and isn't in some cage. I do miss him very much- I still go to look for him in his usual favorite spots and then it hits me that he's gone. I really do love him and if there was any way I could have kept him, I would have in a heartbeat.

After going through all that, which was a bit traumatic for him and me both. I still had so much to do. I hadn't had lunch at that point and it was almost 2. So I went to my usual favorite Sat. aftenoon place and picked up something quick, then I headed to Borders to do some of my work for my coding class. When I left, it was about 5 pm... and I knew I had to get to cleaning my apartment (something I always dread doing). But this time, it was especially hard, because it needed an extremely thorough landlord was, at that time, planning on coming over and checking out everything to make sure there were no problems or issues. I spent about 3-4 hours cleaning and scrubbing. I'm embarrassed to say, that my apartment was really pretty filthy. At about 9:30 pm, I had done all that I was going to do and could finally have dinner and could finally relax a bit.

Sunday, turned out to be a little better. However, after doing all that scrubbing and cleaning, my landlord did not end up showing up. I called him and he said that he had been over and there was no sign that anyone was home. True, I had gone to the gym that morning, but I was back at 11:30- the time he was supposed to visit. He said he prefers to come when everything has been moved out, I guess I have no choice now. I then decided to meet up with a study group for my coding class. Like I have mentioned I have been having a hard time getting motivated to do any work. Getting together with a group kind of forces you to do the work, and it makes it a little more interesting too. We finished up around 4:30 and I decided I needed to do something for myself. I had a gift certificate to Borders I wanted to I went to browse. I didn't find anything and after a while, I was frustrated and decided to go home. I spend the rest of the night, basically, doing nothing. I had dinner, went online for awhile, and then turned in.

It was not a great weekend by any means, but I did manage to get a good deal done. As a bit of a side note, my diabetes control even seemed ok. I think being busy helped keep my numbers in check. I guess that's one good thing to come out of everything that went on this weekend.


Blogger Kerri. said...

I am sorry you had to give away Toby. I am the exhausted owner of three ridiculous cats (my boyfriend contributed One to my already Two when we moved in together this month) and not having them would make the house seem so empty.

And hairless.

Thanks for the mention of Six Until Me on your blog. I appreciate your "plug" and I'll be sure you link you from my site, as well. I know I've said it time and time again, but this whole O.C. (Online Community) really makes dealing with diabetic issues easier. I like the network. Glad you've joined us...

By the way: Where are you moving to?

11:13 PM  
Anonymous AmyT said...

Hi Andrea,
Welcome to the D-blogosphere. I was dx'ed in 2003. Hate it, but also feel it has made me stronger.

Visit me some time at

- AmyT

9:25 AM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Hey there Andrea,

Yeah, giving up a cat is really hard. We did the same thing a year and a half ago... Sally was a sweetheart, well, to me anyway.

Unfortunately, she was murder on the furniture. But even more troubling, she really didn't like Evan.

It came down to the cat or the baby.

Though I knew it was the right call, I still hated giving her up (the kitty I'd had before her had been with me for 19 years!).

Ah well.

Oh btw, thanks for the very nice mention of my blog-- you had me blushing :)


12:18 PM  
Blogger Radbourne barak said...

Home Remedies : The Best Way To Get Rid Of Many Diseases Without Any Side Effects. These Natural Home Remedies Are Proved By Many Medical Institutes So That These are the best option because they are cheap and no have no side effects like pills or other treatment options.

3:53 AM  
Blogger Gabby Stone said...

Suffering from a long term disease and can't find a real solution for the disease by using pills or medicines just try some Home Remedies for that disease. Home remedies are the best way to get rid of any disease. Because home remedies have no side effects and you can take them regularly and treat the disease permanently.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home